Let’s get a calorie-burn and those arms a working! Summer is right around the corner and here is a great “quickie” workout that you can do. It is only seven exercises, but these seven add a punch to your calorie burn and firm those arms by building strong muscles.
I love to see the improvements in my clients upper body, as that is the part on women that tends to see the biggest difference the quickest. Plus, you can show off your hard work in those spring and summer dresses and tank tops.
1. Push-ups – On your knees or with straight legs, be sure to keep those abs pulled in towards your spine. Arms bend to about 90 degrees and then straighten those elbows as you push the ground away. Try 20-30 reps. It is totally fine if you start with straight legs and then need to bend the knees to continue so you can get in more push-ups.
2. Hip Hop Abs – Hands behind head, lift alternating knees up to hip level and bend upper body forward – a standing crunch exercise so keep those abs pulled in tight each movement
3. Jab/Cross – just like it sounds – punch your hand across the body, get a torso twist and squeeze those abs in towards the spine. Keep that arm straight and strong as you extend it across the body.
4. Jumping Jacks – You can do these with the feet going out to the sides and back in or like a scissors cross where the right foot goes to the from and the left foot goes to the back. Do these for one minute, either all one way or alternating the foot placement.
5. Plank Knee Crossovers – Either starting in a push up position with the hands on the ground, or your hands can be elevated on to a bench. Keep the arms straight and the abs pulled in as your cross your right knee reaching it towards the left elbow. Repeat on the other side. Alternating sides for one minute.
6. Shoulder circles – While this may not sound super challenging, completing this exercise for one minute in each direction can and will work those deltoids. Keep the circles in a mid range having the hands go slightly above and below shoulder level.
7. Dips – The traditional dips on a bench with legs straight and toes pointed to the ceiling are a fantastic tricep exercise that should not be forgotten. For a bigger challenge, try this movement with one foot elevated for one minute – 30 seconds for each foot.
This is a great upper body workout that will get the calorie burn, tighten those arms, and of course leave you stronger than when you started. You can practice this routine one, two or three times. You may not have time all at once so it is okay to do the seven once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The most important variable is that you are getting the body moving and Living Fit Now!
I do respond to all of the comments and answer your questions too!
I would be HONORED if you would consider doing any/all just ’cause you’re so darn fabulously sweet 🙂