While I no longer live in the LA/Hollywood/Beverly Hills area, I can confirm strategies that many of the celebrities are using, even without me there. The ones I am referring to are not just the “trendy” ultra-cool-for-the-moment health tips, but these are the ones that are science and education base. Since I have both of those in my background, I can not only confirm these tips below, but I can also recommend them to my clients – and you too!
Below are five lifestyle health and fitness to follow. You don’t have to be a celebrity to follow these, just health conscious.
1. Bacteria for Belly – Be sure to add some fermented foods such as kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, and coconut yogurt kefir which are rich in probiotics. These will boost the healthy bacteria in the digestive tract – which reduces inflammation and helps rid the body of toxins. My clients have most enjoyed a variety of flavors and brands of kombucha and the coconut yogurt kefir. Celebrities are spotted with their “smoothie” or green drink, but now often being photographed with their kombucha.
2. Get Your Pump On – The celebrities who have made the biggest gains in tightening and firming their bodies have all had some type of resistance training. Cardio is good for the body, but its important to work the muscles to torch excess calories. You need to include a weight that challenges you and not just a two or there pound dumbbell. Using weights, Kettlebells, TRX, resistance tubing, etc. are just a few options that will give that tight and tone look.
3. Stay the Course – Commit yourself to a training program. Of course have variety but decide what your monthly fitness goals are, plan your workouts, stay focused on the end goal, and watch your body change. With social media it is so easy to see the next “great workout”, “magic pill”, or gimmick that will get you fit overnight. Well, I have been around in fitness for many many years, and the hard truth is – You just have to do it. Follow through with a program. Trust the program, coach or trainer you are working with and then see it all the way through. Nothing monumental will happen in just a few sessions, stay the course and trust yourself. Celebrities have personal trainers, yoga instructors, and nutritionists, and the ones who are most successful follow the program.
4. Go Coco Loco – Yep – go a little crazy for the coconut oil. Cooking chicken, fish, or veggies can not only add an amazing flavor, but it is made up of fatty acids that are metabolized differently than other oils. The liver immediately takes the coconut oil and converts it into energy. In contrast, other oils are stored as body fat if not used. Celebrities have been turned on to this type of cooking. While they may have personal chefs, this is so simple and easy cook with. My kiddos love when I make “coco fries” – which is just zig zag butternut squash cooked in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for about 10 minutes. They think they are getting fries, but I know the truth!
5. Add the Workout Spice – “Variety” – Within your workout program make sure you are including a variety of different types of training. If you are a runner, be sure to try weights. If you like yoga, also add a spin class. Find complimentary workouts to your favorite workouts. Obviously your favorite is a favorite for a reason, so definitely keep that going, but treat yourself to a spicy new regimen – pole dance, zumba, hot yoga, etc. Many celebrities use their trainer for a particular type of training and then on the off days they will do another activity that is totally unique to what they do with their coach.
You don’t have to be a celebrity to take care of yourself and treat your body like a champ. You do need to commit to yourself, your food and your exercise. The body will respond when you follow the above suggestions.
IF you are looking for a short program to follow, you can try my 28 Day Jumpstart program which is full of alternating days of workouts and nutritional nuggets. I include a variety of training styles such as HIIT, Circuit, Barre, Core and stretch. The workouts are 30 minutes or less, (because lets face it, who has a ton of time?) For more details you can click here.
Interested in getting Specialized coaching?
You can challenge yourself to the 28 Day Jumpstart. The ultimate get the body in shape while you tighten and tone!
I do respond to all of the comments and answer your questions too!
Check out my YOUTUBE Channel too – be sure to click on